‘Stronger Families, Stronger Communities’
In the 20th Anniversary of the International Year of the Family, National Families Week 2014 celebrates the role of families in Australian society as the central building block of our communities. Family wellbeing enhances community wellbeing.
Enjoy Families Week (15-21 May 2014) by celebrating together with your family, contacting extended family and enjoy family activities with other members of the community.
Take time to consider the important function the family plays in the development of our children as well as in support of our elders.
Get involved in family-focused events in the community over the week.
- Family Activity Evening, Ormeau, 19 May: Free event for all to enjoy, including mini golf, sausage sizzle, photo booth…
- The Family Centre Information Session, Murwillumbah, 19 May: The centre offers some free courses and other support to families. Find out more at their free info session.
- Family Activity Evening, Upper Coomera, 21 May: Free event for all to enjoy, including underwater obstacle course, mini golf, sausage sizzle…
And slightly later in the month:
- Family Fun Day, Oxenford, 25 May: A free fun day for families to access information about the kinds of support that is available.
- Big Family Funanza, Nerang, 31 May: A free fun day of rides, entertainment, food and information about parenting and families.
Find out more about Families Week and see events in other parts of the country at the Families Australia website.