Be aware. Show you care.
Did you know that Australia has one of the highest reported incidences of food allergies in the world? And this number is growing.
Food Allergy Week 2014 runs from Monday 12 to Sunday 18 May, with the aim of raising awareness about food allergies and to give an understanding of how to keep those with food allergies safe.
How you can help
- Painting one nail to symbolise that one in 10 babies born in Australia today will develop a food allergy
- Adopting an allergy for one day to better understand the challenges people with allergy face every single day
- Downloading a badge from the FAW website to use on social media channels
- Holding a local community event to raise awareness and/or funds
- Making a donation at www.allergyfacts.org.au
Learning about Allergies
As provided by Allergy and Anaphylaxis Australia, these infographics show:
- how to use an allergy pen in case of an emergency
- how to read and respond to an allergic reaction.
Peanut allergy basics
These days more and more kids are developing peanut allergies. The symptoms for those with this medical condition can vary from eczema to anaphylactic shock. (read more...)