The following question was asked on Facebook by a Gold Coast Kids mum with great responses from the community.
My family and I are moving to the GC from Tasmania in June and will need to purchase lounges, coffee tables, bed side tables etc.
I've searched all of the usual companies' websites and can't see anything we like. We are after furniture in a similar style to french provincial, with the rustic look, that is affordable! Willing to drive to Brisbane as well. Thank you so much.
- Could try Shacked Up - Second Hand Furniture. If all else fails, Eureka Street have a range of French provincial furniture.
- Shacked up- second hand furniture Southport!!! Great little things, dining tables etc
- Isn't Shacked Up a great place
- IKEA.. And try Gumtree, eBay (local pickup)..You’d be surprised what you find
- Don't stress, we have more furniture shops here than anywhere else! Check them out when you get here. "Beach" is a good store at Burleigh & Bundall.
- If you want real rustic, country style and original you should check out Eco Logical Furniture.
- Don't know about French provincial but Tender Disposals Springwood have some great bargains and they have a Facebook page if you want to check them out.