The following question was asked on Facebook by a Gold Coast Kids mum with great responses from the community.
Hi, I am searching for a really good Medical Centre who specialises in kids (preferably bulk billing). We live in Benowa but willing to travel for the right doctor. Want a doctor who knows the best places to refer patients if required, thorough in examinations, same day appointments within the centre if urgent & has a some what holistic approach to medicine (preferable).
- Dr Olga at Hope Island Medical Centre is great with kids. If I need to make an appointment and tell them it is for our 4 year old they ALWAYS see her that day.
- Dr Mare, Wellness Medical Precinct Benowa. Bulk bills for children – amazing women's & chn's gp. Her books might be full though.
- Most places for children are free anyways
- Dr Anthony (Tony) Mackay at Bundall Medical Centre is AMAZING!!!! I followed him to 3 practices, he is very thorough and easy to talk to, I highly recommend him
- Dr Mare at the Wellness Medical Precinct is amazing but hard to get a same day appt!
- As Kellie said, Dr Mare. But I don't think she's taking any more patients and it's hard to get an appointment the same day. She's the best doctor though so that's why! There are other doctors there though.
- There's a new Kids health centre in Robina run by specialised nurse practitioners under guidance of paediatrician
- Benowa family medical centre is amazing! They have an excellent relationship with the top peads at Pindarra and have managed to get my whole family earlier appointment to see specialist from neurosurgeons to ENTs. No bulk billing though
- We're not in your area at all, but we generally see our local Nurse Practitioner with the kids. She specialises in paediatrics and has been absolutely wonderful and very helpful and thorough. She takes time to listen and has been an excellent support person.
- I've been to Bundall Medical Centre on corner of Upton St and Ashmore Road. I like Dr Penny King. They don't bulk bill though except for vaccinations.
- I like Robina family medical, both doctors there are thorough, take time to listen, bulk bill and same day appointments.
- Hope Island Medical Centre. Bulk bill kids, will also see children same day
- Dr Seton at Chevron Renaissance Medical
- Dr Love Southport Primary medical and dental. Awesome with kids. Used to work at the hospital in the kids ward. Knows his stuff also a great guy
- Dr Riaan Jeffery!!! I have followed him to Labrador from Burleigh Waters as he's so great with children! And I live in Mudgeeraba. I know of many other people who've also followed him. He's now at Labrador Medical Centre, Central St, Labrador.... You won't regret it