Local reviewer, Sandy headed out to Discovery Park, Helensvale to find the facts so you know what to expect when you visit.
Barbeques, Bicycle track, Disability toilet, Dog on leash, Drinking Fountain, Electricity, Picinc Shelter, Picnic tables, Playground, Scooter facility, Skating facility, Toilets, Walking Track and Water tap.
Closest Food Outlet or Take Away
- Approx 150metres are some local corner shops including a bakery, butcher, Spar supermarket, takeaway and newsagency.
- Within a 1km drive is Helensvale Bowls Club, Helensvale shopping centre and Red Rooster.
- A 2km drive you will find Westfield shopping centre which has its own food court.
Best Feature for kids under 5 years
There is a small playground with a small slide and activity station.
Best Feature for kids over 5 years
There is the larger playground which has a flying fox, chain climbing ripe and a large slippery slide. There are also two swings.
For those who love to scooter or use their skate boards there is a massive skate park which will accommodate a lot of children of all levels.
Yes. Ample roadside parking directly in front of the playground. There is a public car park which is locked at night directly behind the skatepark and between the Tennis Club tennis courts. Approx 40 car spaces. This car park is only a short stroll to the playground.
- Unfortunately there is no shade over the two playgrounds however there is a lot of trees around which will provide shade for picnics.
- There are three tables under an awning next to the BBQ.
- There is a bus stop in front of and opposite the playground.
- The playground is a little outdated.