Local reviewer, Teena headed out to Doug Jennings Park, Main Beach to find the facts so you know what to expect when you visit.
Boat ramp, Dog off leash, Dog on leash, Fishing, Picnic tables, Senic View point, Sports Field, Swimming, Toilets, Water Activities, Water tap
Closest Food Outlet or Take Away
There is a kiosk called Seaway Kiosk at the very back of the park which sells takeaway foods, drinks and ice creams.
Best Feature for kids under 5 years
There is plenty of wide open grassy space to kick a ball and run around.
Best Feature for kids over 5 years
I think kids over 5 years old would love to try their hand at fishing.
Yes. There is an abundance of parking all around the park and down the back of The Spit near the kiosk. The car spaces are all unmarked, and parking is free.
The boat ramp located approx 500m from the park also has ample free parking for cars, aswell as boat trailers. It also has areas to pull over and secure your boat before you take off down the road.
- The boat ramp is approximately 500m down the road from Doug Jennings Park. It is a public boat ramp and offers plenty of parking spaces nearby for you to park your car and trailer while you are out on the water. There is also an ammenties block within the carpark, which has mens and ladies toilets. There is also a dog off-leash section down on the beach here. Whereas Doug Jennings Park is strictly a dog on-leash area.
- There are no designated walking or bike tracks around the park, however, the road leading out to the park does have a designated cyclist lane on the side of the ride.
- The views of the waterways are spectacular!
- There did not appear to be any facilities for picnics or bbqs. However, there are plenty of shady trees around the perimeter of the park for which you could set up a picnic blanket underneath. There was a bay set up for scaling and washing fish, but i did not see any drinking fountains or taps. The only toilets within the park area are located nearby the kiosk.
- Doug Jennings Park is more suited for the older children and adults, who are keen for fishing and watersports. There is not much for young children to do, as there is no playground.
- Due to the vast open space, this park is ideal for huge functions and as such, some music festivals are held there.